AWS is hosting an
Executive Women’s Forum (EWF) Regional Event
in Seattle, WA
EWF members and non-members are welcome to attend this event. Ideal for those who hold senior level risk and compliance positions in Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, and higher education institutions. This is a great opportunity to meet and interact with other EWF alumni.
When: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm,
Networking Reception from 5:00 - 7:00 pm
Where: Amazon, Blackfoot Building,1918 8th Ave, Seattle, WA
Theme: “Security on Your Journey to the Cloud: The Holistic Approach to Security, How to Migrate to the Cloud and Stay Secure Once You’re There"
(subject to change)
10:30 am - 12:30 pm
AWS will be hosting a Cryptography workshop titled “A Busy Engineer’s Guide to the AWS Encryption SDK,” before the regional meeting. More information about the workshop can be found here. Please respond yes on the registration form if you plan to attend. Must bring your own laptop.
1:00 - 1:30 PM
Registration & Refreshments
1:30 - 1:45 PM
1:45 - 2:30 PM
Ruchika Tulshyan, Inclusion Strategist & Speaker, Author
2:30 - 3:00 PM
Technical Lightning Talks presented by: Marianne Brockhaus, Head of Security Learning;
Lee Snyder, Head of WWCS AppSec; Jess Clark, Senior Security Engineer
3:00 - 3:15 PM
3:15 - 3:45 PM
Security Presentation“Scale” Presented by Erin Kraemer, Principal Technologist
3:45 - 4:45 PM
Leadership Panel Discussion:
How do you report up and out on the state of Security in your cloud journey.
How do we communicate through data, through narratives, as the only woman in the room.
Brigid Johnson, Sr Software Dev Mgr; Mai-Lan Tomsen Bukovec, VP, Block and Object Storage; S3; Sara Duffer, Director, AWS Security
Moderated by: Marianne Brockhaus, Head of Security Learning
4:45 - 5:00 PM
5:00 - 7:00 PM
Space is limited for this EWF Regional Meeting.
Register now to reserve your spot!
EWF Regional Half-Day Meetings are focused community meetings hosted by Corporate Benefactors that include an agenda of speakers, panelists and networking opportunities for both EWF members and nonmembers to engage.
Who can attend?
EWF members and non-members are welcome to attend this half-day event. Ideal for those who hold senior level risk and compliance positions in Fortune 500 companies, government agencies and higher education institutions. This is a great opportunity for EWF newbies to meet and interact with EWF alumni.
Why Corporate Benefactors host Regional Half Day Meetings:
• Regional visibility for their company and brand. Highlight men and women executives in their company who are demonstrating commitment to advancing and developing women leaders
• Networking opportunity with colleagues and external people in the region
• Ability to set agenda and invite a wide range of speakers
• Opportunity to promote people in their company as visionaries and industry experts
• Connect with peers, partners, key customers and potential clients
• Opportunity to highlight their company’s accomplishments and best practices
• Leverage event as a training and awareness opportunity
• Attendees can receive 3 CPE credits towards various certifications