The EWF Corporate Award Hall of Fame:
Each year we recognize one corporation for their efforts in advancing and promoting women in their organization. The EWF Corporate Award looks at corporate performance, sustainability, women in key positions, and corporate governance.
2017 EWF Corporate Award Winner – Accenture
Congratulations to Accenture for winning the 2017 EWF Corporate Award! We’d like to thank Accenture for its commitment to promoting and advancing women! This award is a tribute to Accenture’s management and board, who have prioritized offering leadership positions to talented women, as well as providing a female-friendly corporate culture fostering their professional development. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to Accenture’s culture and embedded in its core values.
Here are some supporting points:
• Accenture’s board of directors includes five women, one of which is the lead director.
• Women make up more than one third of the global workforce and 18 percent of Accenture leadership.
• Accenture has pledged to grow hiring of women 40 percent worldwide in the coming fiscal year.
In addition, Accenture is committed to the following programs:
• Getting to Equal: Accenture has committed to achieve a gender-balanced workforce by 2025. The company’s path to gender balance is based on transparency, which creates trust. Accenture publishes workforce demographics in many countries worldwide. The company demonstrates a strong commitment to not only hiring more women, but also advancing them in their careers.
• US Demographics: As part of creating trust, Accenture North America CEO Julie Sweet publishes a detailed annual report on Accenture’s US workforce demographics, highlighting areas of strength as well as those needing improvement.
• Women Promotions: In 2016 Accenture was proud to announce a record number of leadership promotions for women. This action was a significant example of a commitment to advance and develop the women already part of the Accenture team.
• Women’s Research: Accenture conducts multiple research studies that yield insights such as how to close the pay gap and triple the number of women in computing. Facts and data are an important part of changing conversations about and outcomes for women in business, and Accenture is taking a leadership role in this area.
• Women’s Programs: Accenture offers many global programs, from formal mentoring arrangements to networking and resource forums, to help women thrive and meet a diverse set of needs. These programs help engage and retain women at all levels in the organization.
• US Benefits: Accenture benefits include expanded parental leave that doubles maternity leave to 16 weeks. To put this in context, in the United States, millions of women have no paid leave, and one in four new moms go back to work within 10 days after childbirth.
• Corporate Citizenship: Accenture is helping to make a difference in the world. The company is paving the way for gender parity and tackling many other societal issues such as diversity and inclusion.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing
a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 411,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.